Friday, July 15, 2011

Oregon: Beach Sunset

My mom watched the kids so Josh and I could go on a date.  We decided to go watch the sunset at the beach.  It did not disappoint!  It was a little chilly and windy, which is typical for the Oregon Coast, but it wasn't too bad.  We brought a blanket, parked ourselves on a log after taking tons of pictures, and enjoyed a gorgeous evening.  I said before I took over 2,100 pictures.  Almost 500 of them were just of that night.  Narrowing down what to put on here is going to be a challenge.

First we went to the bayfront in Newport.  The sea lions weren't there.  They are always there and then I found out there are a couple months of the year when they aren't, so we barely missed them by a couple of weeks.  Instead we looked down and saw tons of tiny, white jellyfish.

We went to one of my favorite beaches, Seal Rock.  We chose the perfect night to go.  Just enough clouds to make the sunset interesting.  Be ready for a bombardment of photos.  I might post more later because I took so many.  And I'm making them big so you can see the detail better.



We sat at the base of this cliff.






Look close and you can see the seagulls flying around.


We took a lot of self portraits.  Sorry people, we were on a date!  Just keepin' the romance alive!



I would be perfectly fine with watching a sunset on the beach every night.  This was one of my favorite nights of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment