Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hawaii: Day 2

We woke up early to hike Diamond Head Crater, which is an old volcano. I wish we had gotten up just an hour earlier to watch the sunrise, but we caught the tail end of it on the way up. It almost a mile to the top and is pretty rocky. Then toward the top you get to about a million stairs. We were already about halfway to the top of the stairs when I took this picture. Then you go through a tunnel and reach more stairs.
 
The stairs were worth it, because the view was incredible. You can see forever out into the ocean, get a view of all of Honolulu, and the mountains, and it was breath taking.
 
 
I know there are a lot of selfies, but we were trying to get a view of every angle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the hike we headed back to the hotel for some pool time. We explored some more too, and found this side of the lagoon, which was beautiful! Can you see the little fish in the water?
We found a spot in the shade and then moved to the sun when some chairs opened up. The pool water was FREEZING! It was funny to watch people's reactions when they got in. I opened up a book, but I didn't get very far in it all week because I kept staring at my surroundings. 
 
 
Had to get some ice cream! 

Later we met up with Josh's brother and his fiancé to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We made it for the dinner, luau and show. There were two other couples there for the wedding and they joined us as well. It was a really fun night!
 
 
We had this delicious pina colada smoothie.
It was fun to watch the dancers. I knew Sidney would like to see the wedding girls. 
 
Anyone there celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon was invited on stage to dance. 
The show was amazing. It was kind of long, and they didn't allow photography during it, but the dancers were incredible. Our favorite parts were the fire dancers.
Afterwards we stopped by the temple to see it lit up. It was absolutely beautiful!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment