Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hawaii: Day 1

Josh and I spent almost a week in Hawaii.
 
It. Was. Fabulous.
 
Josh's brother got married, and my mom had already offered to come watch the kids if we ever wanted to, so it worked out wonderfully.
 
Can we go back yet?
 
We left as early as we could so we could have as much time as possible. We got there around noon and were immediately introduced to "Hawaiian time." They're so laid back and go at their own pace. We waited for almost 2 hours to get our rental car. While we were standing there outside it started to rain. Not hard, just a drizzle, but I was worried our vacation wasn't starting off right. But after that it couldn't have been better!
 
We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It was right on the beach. It was gorgeous! I was trying to take pictures of everything to show the kids. The grounds were beautiful. It has a few hotel buildings, shops, and restaurants, waterfalls, beautiful plants everywhere, it was a great atmosphere. Even checking into the hotel was magical. It was outside, not too far from the beach and the pools. The weather was perfect.
Right away we headed to the beach. Didn't want to waste any time! 
I had no problem making myself comfortable. We spent half the day on the beach.
Our hotel also had a lagoon. I got a picture another day, but it was right to the left of this. There were people doing yoga every morning and the latest craze is doing yoga on paddle boards on the water. Are they insane? 
 
 
There's the lagoon behind us. I was worried it would be crowded, but it actually wasn't bad. There were people there, but it's not like we were sitting five feet from other people. We had plenty of space, you can see in this picture.
 
We loved all the trees and plants and flowers. Everywhere you turn there is something new to see. These trees were some of my favorites, and this is a small one. This is just a random spot by the shops that I thought was cute.
That night we ate at a restaurant at the hotel right on the beach. We ate outside on the patio, where we were just a few feet from the sand and we watched the sunset and there was live music, and we were in heaven. Afterwards we went for a walk to the water. This is a view of the restaurant we ate at. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment