Thursday, September 26, 2013

Texas BBQ

Texas is known for BBQ.  We're on the search for the best BBQ we can find.  (Don't ask me why I'm blogging about a restaurant.  3 months here, and I am still struggling to find qualities I like, so I've set my mind to try and focus on the good.  But really, people, I can't love a place that doesn't have Fall.  My heart is crying, sobbing, dying for Fall, and it's still in the 90's. I'll stop there.)  It's going to be tough to beat Jim 'n' Nick's cheese biscuits, but we'll survive.  We heard about The Swinging Door. The minute I stepped out of the car I fell in love with Texas. (It lasted until we drove home.  Baby steps.) The smell was out of this world incredible, and the restaurant was kind of out in the country.  It's huge, has great character, and atmosphere. It was exactly what you think of when you think old Texas BBQ restaurant.  The food was good, although the menu was small and they didn't have very great sides, but they did have homemade root beer.  The cowgirl in me comes out at places like this, and I feel like I could be happy smelling smoked meat forever.  I might break down one day and buy Josh's dream ranch.
Tanner tried his first pickle.  He loved it! He kept going back for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment