Monday, October 7, 2013

County Fair

County fairs here are a huge deal. They're such a big deal, the schools have a day off of school for it.  So of course Jayden heard all about it at school, and was dying to go.  The kid's argument was that they had never been to one. (True.) So we went. We couldn't figure out what the hype was about, to be honest.  The kids had a blast, but if you're going to give a day off of school for a fair, make it worth it.  I have been to a fair exactly like it in Oregon, and Josh said the ones in Oklahoma were by far better.  Maybe we should have gone to the rodeo that night, but we didn't want to battle the crowds.  Or maybe we should have gone to the parade, but I didn't feel like taking three kids by myself to sit for two hours in 93 degrees. We did have fun, don't get me wrong, but giving a day off of school for it? Really?
 
The kids and I explored the fun house, and they got a good kick out of it.
Jayden's dream was to play that game where you hit with a hammer to ring a bell.  Dream fulfilled, can you tell how happy he is?
Sidney played it too.
I fulfilled my dream of eating fried Oreos. Not that I've had a life long dream of eating fried Oreos, but ever since hearing of all the things people fry in the South, I've wanted to try something more exciting than just fried green tomatoes.  So when we saw some at the fair, we had to have some. They weren't bad, but they weren't amazing either.  They were ok, but I'll stick with just regular Oreos.
The most thrilling roller coaster ever.


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Tanner reaching for the fried oreos

    ReplyDelete