New state means new schools for both of the kids. Jayden started 2 weeks ago, and is in 2nd grade. The schools definitely do things differently here. Not sure how we feel about it yet. He has had a lot of apprehension about a new school, more homework, and not knowing anyone. But he has done great so far. They wear uniforms here. He rode the bus in the morning the first few days, but we were getting up at 5:50, which is insanely early, so now I drive him. It was too dark for pictures before school, so we did them after. He did have some drama on his first day. He rides the bus home, and thought he had missed his stop, so he had the bus driver turn around. We got it all figured out, but he was in tears and cried the whole 2 blocks walking home. I'm sure it will be one of those traumatizing memories he will have from his childhood, but what I hope he remembers is that he said a prayer he would get home to me, and that his prayer was answered.
Sidney is in her first year of regular preschool. She is in her second week, and is loving it. She keeps thanking me over and over for signing her up for preschool. She hasn't had any traumatizing experiences yet, but I did when she said her friend from preschool said she can have a boyfriend. When I told her she is too young, she said, "I can have one whenever I want." We had a whole conversation about boyfriends, and dating, and I don't even know what else. And that was after one day of school. I should not be talking about dating with my 4 year old. About 2 weeks before school started she planned out all her outfits for the first few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment