I did my research to find the best value resort on property. Everyone said this is the best one for a number of reasons, and I'm so glad I followed the advice. I'd recommend it to anyone considering the value resorts, although they're opening a new one this year, which looks like fun too. I think some of our best time was spent at the hotel. We went back every day to rest for a while. The restaurant there had a huge selection of food and desserts that we took full advantage of, definitely regretting it by the end of the week, but enjoyed it anyway.
Pop Century is very kid appealing. There are different buildings representing decades from the 1950's to 1990's. We were in the '50s area. The stairs were inside giant bowling pins that the kids loved walking up and down as much as possible. We spent one evening after dinner walking around the grounds and found all kinds of fun statues. This was one of my favorite parts of the week, actually. I think for all of us. Simply because it was more relaxed, the weather was perfect, and we were all less stressed with less people around. In fact, the kids both wanted to walk around and take more pictures again, but we never got around to it.
The picture quality is really bad on some of these. It was dark and the kids were all over the place so I didn't have time to really make adjustments.
There is a bridge crossing the lake with each decade lining the wall. We had to take a picture of Josh with his birth year. And then Jayden wanted to take pictures of every single one. He also took a bunch of pictures of us together.
Look closely and you can see Jayden about halfway up.
Every day we walked down this path to the main building to catch the bus. We have no idea why, but every time Sidney would say, "Watch out for crocodiles!" We came to expect it each day from her and she never let us down. It gave us a good laugh.
We stayed in the building with Tramp. Sidney liked that it was purple.
Even bedtime is more fun at Disney.
A bite of tye dye cheesecake.
Mickey waffles.
Sunset from our room.
On the day we left we were really sad. Jayden kept saying how fast the week went by.
Jayden wanted to give me a mad face too.
Despite the puking, the sandbox incident, and the exhaustion, I think our trip was a success.
Here's the shirt Sidney got for free because she threw up.
No comments:
Post a Comment