Thursday, February 2, 2012

Animal Kingdom

We stayed on property for the first time.  They were having an awesome deal going, so we took advantage of it.  We loved it. 

Gearing up for our first morning out.
This is the view from our room.  Across the lake we could see the new value resort they are building opening up later this year.
We rode the bus so many times.  If I never have to ride another one again, I think I'll be ok with that.  Sidney was always happy when we got one with purple seats.
 
We love Animal Kingdom and headed there first.  Here are a few of photos from the day.
Sidney was so excited to meet Minnie.  You probably won't meet a girl happier to meet her than Sidney.  It's funny how much she loves her.
It's funny, the last time we went she was one year old.  She was scared of all the characters, but when we met Minnie, she was fascinated by her.  She reached out her hand to her instead of turning away.  Her love has simply grown.  This was the first of four times we got to meet her during the week, and she got more excited each time.  As I'm sitting here tryping this, Sidney is on my lap saying in shock, "I can't believe Minnie was there!"  And, "Minnie loves me!"  And, "I didn't feel her ears!!  Next time, I want to feel her ears."   See, she is planning our next trip.  They're going to have to wait a loooong time!
 
Before we went, I was shocked when Josh agreed to wear a Disney shirt.  Jayden wanted to match Josh, and Sidney and I couldn't find matching ones, so we settled for pink Minnie shirts.
Right after Minnie we met Mickey.  While in line, less than 10 minutes later, Sidney fell asleep on Josh's shoulder.  She wanted to be carried all week.  We carried her a lot, mostly Josh.

A couple minutes after I took this picture, Sidney had an accident in the sand.  Josh and Jayden teased her for being like a cat.  I didn't pack any extra underwear for the day.  Why would I, she hasn't done that in maybe six months.  So we had to fork out a small fortune for undies that were too big.  We found out just how big they were when she was walking along and they fell to her ankles.  There were a lot of witnesses.  I may not have had extra undies packed, but for some reason I had a rubber band that we used to tie them up.  Funniest moment of the whole trip!

More pictures.
Half the entertainment is looking through the pictures and seeing what is going on behind you.

Every night at dinner we all go around and say what our favorite part of the day was.  We tried to do it at Disney World too.  Here's what we all said for our first day.
Dad: The safari jeep ride.
Mom: The Lion King show.
Jayden: The Safari ride and Mt. Everest.
Sidney: The safari ride and meeting Minnie.
This time around Jayden was tall enough for a lot more of the rides.  He loved all the roller coasters and it was fun to be able to share those experiences with him.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! I had no idea you even went to Disney World! I am so jealous! And I loved the part about them teasing Sidney for having an accident in the sand! Too funny, haha!

    ReplyDelete