Overall this was my favorite day. Waimea Valley is a beautiful botanical garden. There were so many different plants and trees and flowers. We stopped about every five seconds to see something new. It was so beautiful.
At the end of the path you walk down is this waterfall. We could have swam in it, but it had been raining on and off all morning, and we got there and decided not to get in. But it was still pretty.
I pretty much lived in a swim suit and this dress all week. It was so comfortable, I could get used to it. I did get used to it!
Across the street was Waimea Beach. It was beautiful! I know I keep saying that, but I loved everything we saw. We enjoyed this beach for a while. The waves here were kind of rough, so I didn't get in. Josh did for a while. I barely took any pictures here, and I wish I had done more. It was a really nice spot.
Jake told us we had to get the chocolate pie at Ted's Bakery, and to get a whole pie, because it was only a couple dollars more to get it than to buy two slices. So of course we did and made it through half of it. But since we weren't going back to the hotel right away and it would have melted sitting in the car, we gave it away. Sigh....it was delicious. We had lunch there too, and I'm sure if we hadn't have had lunch we could have eaten more. The employees at Ted's Bakery were all Filipino. Josh lights up when he is able to speak Tagalog to Filipino people. I hope someday we get to visit there.
We finished the day back at Papiloa Beach. You can see it's deserted, which is why we loved it.
We watched the sunset again.
We walked really far down the beach to try and see more turtles and to get away from where the people were. It paid off. We saw tons of turtles, and there were a couple on the beach. We walked far enough to see where a lot of "Lost" was filmed. I guess this is where the main camp was.
Josh gets sick of taking pictures, so when he looks genuinely happy in one, it makes me happy.
Josh swam with the turtles. I am such a wimp. I thought the water was cold.
Just hangin' on the beach with a sea turtle.
He found a coconut and cracked it open, but it was rotten.
Best day!
No comments:
Post a Comment