Monday, October 27, 2014

Parks & Picnics Week

While at Kathryn's, the kids wanted to have a lemonade stand. I couldn't for the life of me think of a good theme to go along with it, but being outside drinking lemonade made me think of picnics, so we had a few picnics at a few different parks.
 
Picnics in Kathryn's front yard happened almost daily.
 
Picnic by a river.
 
 
 
Jayden and Sidney worked really hard on the lemonade stand. They made the signs, lemonade, and cookies. It was pretty successful, they made about $30. 
 
 
 
 
This was probably my favorite day. We went to a splash pad in Rexburg. The water was cold, so it didn't last long, but there's a really old carousel that's only open in the summer in the same park, and a huge park. So we spent most of our time there. It was just a pleasantly gorgeous day. 
 
 
 
 
 
It was Tanner's first carousel ride, and he loved it!
I don't know if he was scared, but he grabbed my neck and wouldn't let go. I think I'm the one who looks scared. 
 
 
Cotton candy was the perfect ending to the afternoon. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
More parks. 
 
 
 
On one of our last nights we had a fire and roasted homemade marshmallows, which don't roast very well. Stick with store bought. 
 
 
We told ghost stories. The kid's stories were fantastically hilarious! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment