Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sidney's Birthday

Sidney turned 5 on the 2nd.  She is a really easy going girl, is happy and sweet.  She brings just the right touch of girliness to our family.  She woke up to discover our elf, Sparky, had brought her a birthday message.
She and I hung out all day, and went to the park when Jayden got home from school. It was a really gorgeous day.
After going out for dinner, we came home for cake. She wanted a Minnie cake again. And I've come to terms with the fact I'm not a cake person.  Whenever I try, it's usually a disaster, so I stuck with simple this year.  And honestly, the kids don't care because they're always excited about the cake, whether or not it's fancy. And Sidney was thrilled with pink, pink, pink!
She had her first friend party too.  We've had her friend's families over before, but this was her first official girl only friend party.  She wanted princesses, so they all dressed up.  It was a lot of fun.  Games, piñata (which she was the most excited about), we painted fingernails, had a fashion show, danced, pizza, and decorated cupcakes. It was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment