Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Date with Tanner

A few weeks ago I had to run up to the LDS bookstore, so while the older kids were at school, Tanner and I had a little date together.  We stopped at the temple to enjoy a gorgeous fall day.  Being on the grounds is nothing compared to being inside, but there is a special spirit there that I hope my kids can learn to recognize and love.
 
Eternal families have been on my mind a lot lately.  Two days before Thanksgiving my cousin lost his oldest child, a four year old boy.  It was completely unexpected, and my heart has been heavy ever since.  I really can't express words for it.  He has mentioned on Facebook there have been many miracles, and tender mercies, and he his so full of faith. He hasn't gone into many details yet, but one tender mercy is that he passed away in his mother's arms, and the last thing he probably remembered was the comfort of being in her arms. Oh my goodness, my heart seriously breaks and the tears flow every time I think about it. I just cannot imagine. How grateful I am for temples, for families, and for the Atonement. Life is so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment