Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pirate Week

Pirate Week was fun.  I found these cute pirate pillow heads here.  They were simple to make, and the kids think they're really fun.  They're basically a Mr. Potatohead type thing made with felt.  There's a little pocket on the back to keep all their pieces in.
Of course we had to have a treasure hunt.  We do these all the time, but they're always inside and a lot simpler.  Their treasure is usually just a toy I find lying around or fruit snacks or something.  But for Pirate Week I thought something more fun would be a nice surprise.  So they got a couple of dollar store things.
I made these pirate hats out of paper found here.  I also made eye patches, but they didn't like those.
I found these pirate cookie cutters ages ago on clearance that came in a treasure box so it was perfect for the hunt.  We made cookies and then watched Treasure Planet together.  I tried talking like a pirate but the kids ran away scared.  Sidney hid behind Jayden, so I didn't do that anymore.  And we went and got pirate books at the library.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a cute mom, what a fun idea! I also love Sydney's room (I know that was a while ago, but I"m just catching up). It's really fun seeing how much fun Jayden and Sydney have together - at least from the outside it seems like they're the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete