Almost every night, after we have put Jayden to bed, he comes downstairs. And every night the conversation goes like this:
Us: What are you doing up? Go to bed.
J: But I have a question.
Us: What?
J: Um........
Us: Go to bed.
J: But, I have a question.
Us: No you don't, go to bed.
J: (Makes up some random, totally un-important question or statement.)
But last night's question made me turn my back on him so he couldn't see my laughter. He's at that age where he's really sincere in wanting to know the answer, because, well, he really just doesn't know the answer. So with the most genuine curiosity, he asked, "Are Chinese people real, or fake?" We then had a short conversation about how Chinese people are indeed real, which totally blew his mind. I think he thought they were like Leprechauns or the the Easter Bunny, where he's not entirely sure if they're real or not. We also explained his Aunt Lana is part Chinese, which was really confusing to him. "Why doesn't she speak Chinese?" And then he started asking all these crazy questions about what state we live in, or at least that's what we thought what he was asking. So we said South Carolina. No, that's not what he meant. He said something like, "No, the place where there's that squiggle." And then he got down on the floor, balancing on one foot and hand, babbling on with all this crazy talk. I still have no idea what he was talking about.
My applesauce almost came out my nose when I read his question about Chinese people. That's just so funny. I love it. I'm definitely going to have to tell my family that one :).
ReplyDeleteHilarious!
ReplyDelete