At the beginning of the year I told myself I would get better at photography. I think I might be about 1% better than I was when I started. I have been looking at this website for the longest time, I Heart Faces. They have tutorials and weekly challenges. I love it. I love looking at all the entries and imagining I'm good, which I know I'm not. I get decent photos sometimes and a little editing doesn't hurt. Anyway, I decided to start entering challenges to stretch myself a little and it gives me ideas of what to take pictures of. There is a different judge each week that picks their favorite top 10 out of hundreds of entries. So the chances of winning are slim to none. But I came in 10th this week! And I feel pretty cool because a lot of pros enter these contests. The theme was shadows. There were only 300 entries this week, normally there are anywhere from 500-800, so my chances increased, but go me! So now that I've won, I am sharing with you. I made another blog just for photography (since this one is private) and have entered a few other photo contests, one of which I was in the top 5, but in that one there were less than 30 entries. But hey, I'll take it. It has also been fun getting feedback from other people, which I was not expecting, and even some followers. Anyway, here's the link. I've put a lot of these on my blog already, so you've seen most of them.
Creative name, right? And what did I win?
Bragging rights.
Here's my shadows picture. Thank you Jayden, for being such a (non)willing model. I will make you dinner.

Congrats! What a cool picture! You are a great photographer--I'm excited to follow your photography blog :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great picture! I have another friend who enters contests like the one you talked about. That's wonderful to develop a skill like that.
ReplyDeleteDude congrats on placing! That is awesome. I don't know why I am so excited that you are getting so good at photography, but I really am. It feels like I am living through you? Maybe? I can't wait to see the pics that you come up with. They're so much fun to look at.
ReplyDelete