Tanner and I took a spontaneous trip uptown one day. Josh needed me to bring him something, so we decided to stay for lunch. The day was beautiful. We parked a few blocks away and walked together, hand in hand the whole way. I couldn't believe he held my hand. Normally he refuses. He must have known it would keep him safe. He soaked in all the sights, loving all the tall buildings and cars and the man playing guitar on the corner. We didn't stop to listen, so he danced along while we crossed the road.
We met Josh then walked another block to get lunch. Then on the way back to the car he lost his shoe. His shoes are too big for him, but I didn't change them because I thought it might slow him down if he tried to run from me. Some ladies walking behind us thought he was so cute, and got a kick out of him losing his shoe. After we crossed the road we started going downhill, and he took off running, still holding my hand. So we ran down the hill and his shoe fell off again. He laughed and laughed, and we ran back to get it. He started running again, and lost his shoe again. So we ran back to get it, all the while he was laughing. Now he turned it into a game, and he started losing his shoes on purpose. He didn't stop laughing. Every time we went back to get a shoe, I would say, "Let's put it back on." And he would breathlessly say while laughing, "Ok! Ok!" He lost his shoe about 15 times. Next to our car was this fountain, so he had to check it out. This memory will stay with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment