Thursday, January 9, 2014

Simplify

My New Year's Goal: Simplify

The word has been in my head for a while. I love a simple life. I love a clean home, and doing simple things with my family. Our lazy Christmas break has left me wanting nothing more than to spend Saturdays at home, just being together, and not feeling the need to always be doing something. For years, I feel like at the end of each week, Josh and I fall onto the couch and say, That was a busy week! Work is crazy for Josh, running the house and the kids around wears me out, our callings are keeping us really busy right now, and just living in a city that has crazy traffic and where stores are always packed just wears me out. I want simple! I want to live in the country. Two years ago I had a goal to fulfill our dreams, and we sure did. So here's to a Simple Year.

I feel like there is so much clutter in my life in so many areas. Not just junk that's junking up my house, but other things as well.  Today, though, I've been getting rid of clutter in my house. I periodically go through and throw stuff away, but things fall through the cracks, especially stuff in the kid's rooms.  Somehow, even though I think I find it all, papers and things from years ago are still lurking around.  Today I found a book from 2 summers ago that Jayden had written.  It's really cute.

Title: The First Cheese Was the Smelly Cheese
By: Jayden Croke

The first cheese made was smelly cheese.
The second cheese made was cheddar cheese.
The third cheese made was Swiss cheese.
The fourth cheese made was string cheese.
The fifth cheese made was bleu cheese.
The sixth cheese made was mozzarella cheese.
The seventh cheese made was Monterey jack cheese.
The eighth cheese made was light cheese with a light switch.
The ninth cheese made was fire cheese that burned your mouth when you ate it.
The tenth cheese made was lightning cheese that goes lightning fast in your mouth.
The eleventh cheese made was sir cheese. If you let go it floats away.
The twelfth cheese made was mystery flavored cheese. You  never know what it tastes like.
The thirteenth cheese was electricity cheese. If you hold it too long it will electrocute your hand.
The fourteenth cheese was heavy cheese. The more you move the heavier it gets.

I love it. And then I found his workout schedule he used to have taped to his wall.

Sunday=Lift whates (weights)
Monday=Run
Tuesday=Run on treadmill
Wednesday=Run around house
Thursday=Lift whates
Friday=Run
Saturday=Lift whates

No comments:

Post a Comment