Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Biltmore

We have been trying to visit the Biltmore for years and it just never happened.  Josh was home for the weekend, so we finally made ourselves go on our last weekend here.  It was a gorgeous day, and the kids did great and actually really enjoyed the tour.  I don't know how big the grounds are, miles and miles, but it was so beautiful and peaceful, with trails and lakes and trees everywhere.  I could have stayed for a few days.  The home was incredible, it has something like 250 rooms in it.  They don't allow pictures to be taken inside, and you don't get to tour the whole thing, but it still took about an hour and half.  I can now leave the Carolinas happy.
This view is the view from the balcony where Sidney is sitting below.  There was a nice breeze when we walked out, it was truly breathtaking.  My heaven is going to have such a balcony with a fantastic view and I will take naps there every afternoon.
*I can't get all the pictures to upload.  Getting really sick of blogger.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment