Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bird Egg

We were out doing yard work and I found a little blue bird egg in the grass.  We have a bird house in the tree I found it under, so it must have come from there.  I showed it to the kids, who thought it was the coolest thing ever.  We figured it was probably not going to end up hatching, but I told the kids to be careful with it anyway.  We left it where we found it and continued with the yard.  Then a few minutes later we were by the patio and heard a little "smack!"  I turned around to see the egg smashed on the ground.  Sidney was standing there staring at it.  Her reply when we asked her why in the world she did that was, "I wanted to see if a bird was inside."  Luckily it was unfertilized, or at least it didn't look like it.  Then of course she didn't believe me it was actually a bird egg and she kept saying, "See mom, it's not a bird egg.  There was no bird inside, so it's not a bird egg."

No comments:

Post a Comment