Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Week

We are attempting theme weeks again this summer.  It will probably be a lot more low key than last year, but I'm at least trying to do something.  Our first week was Summer Week.  We made snow cones, strawberry lemonade slushies, started swimming lessons, got tons of summer books from the library, had a picnic, made pictures out of the clouds, played in the spinklers, and on the slip-n-slide.  My camera didn't join us much.

We also made these suns.
We talked about collections and the kids are going to add to theirs over the summer.  They both collect rocks.  I have had my childhood rock and shell collection boxed up for years.  I pulled it out because they have always wanted to see it but never had.  They both want to collect shells now too. 
We got a couple of fun new toys for outside.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't looked at your blog in forever! Shame on me! Your kids are getting so big & are as beautiful as ever! I love that you do the theme weeks. You're such a great mom :) I'm glad you Josh got to go on a 10 year anniversary trip--looks like a blast! It was nice to catch up on your family. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do summer themes. You are so organized.

    ReplyDelete