Monday, June 18, 2012

Animal Week

Last year we had zoo week and the kids love animals so much they wanted to do it again.  I feel bad my attempts are much more pathetic this year because I'm sick, but we're trying.  We always try to make a few fun foods, but the best I did this week was animal crackers.  We went to the free movie at the theater to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and the kids also spent an entire afternoon playing Wild Kratts with their creature power suits.
Animal masks.
Animal Jeopardy.
I was going to make an actual puppet show curtain, but I didn't get to it.  Instead I just draped the fabric over a rod.  They made a few new puppets, and had more fun using it as a new hide and seek spot than they did as a puppet show. 
Saturday Josh went with us to the Nature Museum for farm day.  We are saving our weekly outings for Saturday when we can so Josh can go with us, otherwise we probably wouldn't be going.  We had never been, and the kids had a ball.  They got to pet several farm animals.  I try to make each week educational as well as fun.  I have them memorize some new facts.  We come home from the library each week with our bags overflowing.  Jayden loves to read and when our bags are full, or when I tell him to pick out just 2 or 3 more books, he's all frazzled.  So many options!  It's funny to watch him.  The other day he was looking around almost in panic mode, like, how am I supposed to choose just two more books?  And then he stops and all excited declares, "I LOVE BOOKS!"  I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment