Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

A little of our Christmas.......

We always read from the scriptures the story of Christ's birth on Christmas Eve.  This was the first year we acted it out, and I'm so glad we did.  It was my favorite moment of the entire season.

Since we don't have snow here, we make up for it with ice cream snowmen.
My kids are big fans of the PBS show Wild Kratts.  The thing Jayden wanted most this year was a Creature Power Suit, something that turns the characters on the show into different animals.  He was so sure that Santa had enough magic to make him a real one.  But since he didn't, Santa asked me to help him out and make some for the kids so they could use their imaginations.  I was so excited for this gift, and they love them.  I thought it would be more fun if they both had one, so Sidney got pink.  There are discs that velcro to the front so they can activate into their favorite animals.  They've been wearing them nonstop.  I love successful gifts, but especially when it's the homemade kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment