Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Spy Week

Our last theme week was Spy Week.  This week was not our best week.  I usually have more things planned than we have time for, but I had a hard time coming up with ideas this time, and we were getting ready for school to start, but Jayden wanted this theme really bad, so we did what we could.

Unfortunately we don't have a spy museum, or a spy park, or anything like that around here (that I'm aware of), so I made up a spy mission for the kids to do surveillance and take pictures.  They were all dressed up in their baseball hats and sunglasses for a disguise, but at the last minute Jayden didn't want to do it, no matter how much I tried to re-write it, so we didn't have any big outings for our theme this week.  Instead we sat in the food court at the mall and played "I Spy With My Little Eye."  Does that count?

So if it's not totally obvious since this is so realistic looking, the kids crawled through "laser beams" to steal something from the other side.  They weren't allowed to touch the lasers or they had to start over.
They started out with plain white paper and when they painted them, there was a hidden message there. 
This was a total stretch, but I set out some ingredients for a treat we were going to make.  I gave them clues to what it was going to be, and then we made them.  These are little "hamburgers" made out of vanilla wafers and grasshopper cookies with colored frosting for the condiments.  Spies trick people into thinking something is what it isn't, right?  A stretch, I know.  Doesn't matter, the kids didn't complain! 
We dusted for fingerprints.
We made secret spy ID cards.  If these were real, they would be the worst spy kids ever because they reveal too much, but that's beside the point here.
Bombs.  Do they look like bombs?  Sort of, if you use your imagination, but once again, the kids didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment