Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bugs & Flowers Week

This week I slacked a little.  It doesn't feel like we did as much as normal for our theme.  Our big outing was going to be to a botanical garden, but the rain ruined our plans.  We were able to go see Bee Movie at the theater though.  I also meant to make Sidney some new flowers for her hair, but will have to get to that soon.

These are caterpillar kabobs.
We painted pajama t-shirts.  I planned for Sidney to paint flowers and Jayden to paint bugs, but Sidney wanted a flower and a heart and Jayden wanted shapes. 
 Showing off their shirts, but Sidney was in a goofy mood, so she ran away laughing.
Butterflies. 
Spider Oreos. 
 The kids made fingerprints and then I helped them turn them into flowers and bugs.  They thought the fingerprinting was the most fun thing.
We made worms in dirt pudding.
 I found this cute little craft to put a light into an Easter egg and turn it into a lightning bug, but never bought the lights, so they're just plain old (sort of sorry looking) bugs.  Luckily the kids don't care about the imperfections of all these crafts we make.  We also made some flowers out of pipe cleaners.

No comments:

Post a Comment