Thursday, August 18, 2011

Kindergartener!

Jayden started Kindergarten yesterday!  I still can't believe it!  I knew the day was coming, but I don't think I was as prepared as I thought I was.  The house is a little quieter, I think about him all day, wondering if he's ok, making friends, not being too shy, wondering what he's doing, if he's finding his way around, all that stuff that moms worry and think about.

Jayden woke up to his alarm at 6:00 a.m. and it was like Christmas morning!  He couldn't wait to get up and going.  Josh left for work a little late so he could be here to see him off on the bus.  Jayden has been sooooo excited to ride the bus.  It's like a big, fun adventure for him.  Unfortunately the bus was over 20 minutes late, adding to my nerves.  Jayden just wanted it to get here already!  Josh was trying to get Jayden to look at him for a picture right before he got on, but Jayden said, "No Dad, I have to go!"  He was last in line to get on, my short little 5 year old, who just looks too small and fragile to be going off somewhere all day, especially with his weighed down backpack full of his new supplies.  I was fine watching him get on the bus.  Then I walked into the house to the kitchen and saw his breakfast dishes still sitting on the breakfast table, and that's when I lost it.

Before school.  It was still kind of dark out, so I didn't get any really good pictures, which is why I took more after school.
After school.  He had a great first day.  He was the first one off the bus and when Sidney saw him she ran as fast as she could with her arms in the air, shouting, "Yay!  Jayden!  Yay!" and gave him a giant hug.  She missed him all day long.
I'm going to miss having him around.  He is such a fun kid, with a bright and happy personality.  I wish I could protect him from the world a little longer, but I guess I'll have to let go a little.  I'll miss jumping in the car to head off to a museum or park anytime we want, having him and Sidney argue over who gets to sit by me at the table, and sleeping in, let's be honest.  Good luck on your new adventure, little man!  You've filled every day of the last 5 (almost 6) years with so much fun and joy, I'll look forward to the bus every day!

Heading out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment