Thursday, February 24, 2011

Charleston

We were in the mood for a road trip so we decided we'd go to Charleston since we'd been talking about it for the last two years. 

The bad stuff first: other than the kids being in the worst moods of their lives, combined with me getting the absolute worst headache I've ever had, and plenty of whining by various family members, (really, I don't know how or why Josh puts up with us sometimes), and our GPS dying halfway through, we had a fun trip.  Sort of.  We had some good moments.  It just left us wondering if we'll ever attempt a weekend getaway ever again.

With all of the above happening at once plus Sidney falling asleep in the car, we headed home a little earlier than planned and didn't get to do everything we had planned, but here's what we did.  The weather was amazing.  75 and beautiful and it felt so good to spend time outside. 

We toured a navy ship, which was Josh's favorite thing we did while we were there.  It was pretty cool to get to explore just about every part of the ship.  It wasn't until we were leaving we realized we skipped the submarine.  Maybe next time.
 This was the instruction room so Jayden asked Josh to give him a mission.  He really got into character.
 View from the ship.
We also got to go to the beach.  The water is still too cold for swimming, so in my mind I envisioned the kids playing in the sand and getting their feet wet.  But as you can see they got a bit more wet than that.  They love, love, loved the beach and Sidney keeps wandering around the house saying, "Beach!  Beach!" in a high pitched squeal.
 I think she's a beach girl.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun, even with the a few bumps in the road :) I love the pics of the kids running on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a trip to Charleston once. I loved it! At least you had some fun moments to remember.

    ReplyDelete