Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bird

A couple of nights ago Josh and I started hearing a noise coming from somewhere while we were getting ready for bed.  But we were really tired, so we didn't think much about it.  The next morning I could still hear it.  I followed the noise into the laundry room. 
 
Something was in there.
 
It sounded like a small animal wildly scampering about.  After debating if I should open the door, I very cautiously cracked it open, bracing myself for whatever was in there.  Nothing came out, so I peered into the washer, which was open.  Nothing.  So it must be the dryer.  The thing sounded out of control.  Once again I stood there debating whether or not I should open the dryer.  I was envisioning opening it and a large rat leaping at my face and clawing my eyes out, or a bird flying at my face and pecking me to death.  So for whatever reason I very slowly opened the dryer.  Nothing came out.  But the thing continued to make noise all day, giving me the creeps every time I walked by the laundry room.
 
When Josh got home he investigated.  Something was in the vent.  A bird most likely.  So he put on some gloves, shut the door, and went to work.  Meanwhile, I got Sidney and I as far away as possible.  (I had an incident with a bird in college.)  I expected to hear wild noises coming from upstairs, but luckily it was pretty uneventful.  When Josh opened the vent up a bird flew out and started flying all over the place, actually trying to avoid Josh, not peck him to death.  I don't trust wild animals, even little birds.  He finally caught it with his hands, and a few minutes later came downstairs to show it to us. 
 
And that was the excitement of our week.
 


1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! We've had a bird in our house before too. It just flew right in during the summer time. And I have a picture almost exactly like yours - of Dan holding it in a gloved hand.

    ReplyDelete