Jayden started taking karate last month. He was so excited to get started, and it has been really fun to see him learning so much. He had his first belt test this past week. I left the camera sitting on the table though. I am losing my mind, I keep forgetting it everywhere important. He loved karate at first, but they have to spar every week, and he doesn't like it at all. He looks to me like he's holding his own pretty well, especially since he is one of the smallest kids and the newest student, but he gets so tired and ends up sore afterward. It will take time, but we're not letting him quit for awhile until he knows for sure he doesn't want to continue. Other than the sparring he really loves it. Throughout class he looks over at me when he's having the most fun with a big grin on his face. I figured once he earned his first belt he would be more encouraged and excited about it, and the look on his face when he got to put it on was priceless. He was so excited, and I think it has given him a little more confidence.
Right before his test.
Doing his form.
Bowing after getting done.
Putting on his belt.
Showing off at home. He reminds me so much of my brother, who has a black belt. I think that's why I have always envisioned Jayden doing well in karate. He was so excited he earned his belt that he slept in his uniform, belt and all that night.





No comments:
Post a Comment