Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween

Family Halloween themes are over.  It's a sad year for me.  It's not completely gone, because Sidney and I were able to still match, but now the kids both have their own opinions on what they want to be, and for some reason I couldn't change either one of their minds.  But it's ok.  I knew it would end someday.

Jayden planned on being Spiderman for months.  But once he saw there were a million other options out there he settled on Iron Man.  Random, because I didn't think he knew who that was.  But he loved it, and that's all that matters.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays simply because I love watching my kids transform into their favorite characters.

Iron Man loved getting into character.
You won't find a girl in the world happier to be Minnie Mouse. 
Playing leapfrog. 
 Big protector to little sis.
Sidney informed me I was going to be Daisy Duck.  I was happy to oblige.  Josh was going to be Goofy but we ran out of time to get his costume together.  He wore a t-shirt with Mickey on it to trunk or treat. When I came downstairs from putting on my costume Sidney gasped and said, "I love you!!!"  Totally worth it!  I don't ever dress up for real trick-or-treating, but the kids were begging me to.  And then Sidney said, "But you look GOR-geous!"  How could I say no?  And then while we were out she would say, "Mom, I mean Daisy...." and laugh a little like she made a huge mistake calling me mom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad! I know the day I can't control my family's Halloween get-ups will come one day. Nevertheless, your kiddos looked super cute and it is actually fun to see their personalities in what they choose to be!

    ReplyDelete