Monday, November 14, 2011

November Fun

We've been getting out as much as possible to enjoy this beautiful fall weather before it goes away.  Fall is my favorite season and the one that never seems to drag on.  It just doesn't stick around long enough.  We went to a farm with friends and the kids had a blast.

Playing on a tractor.
Playing in a fort. 
Wagon ride. 
Farm animals. 
Roping "cattle." 
 
Corn maze. 
Josh scared us with a giant grasshopper. 
 
 
 

The kids and I went to the lake one evening and we had a lot of fun collecting leaves, throwing rocks in the water, and enjoying the view.
 
There's a spot where they were playing peek-a-boo with me while trying to duck down before I could get their picture. They are quick!
 
 

Every so often a perfect day comes along.  We had one last weekend.  I really needed a perfect day.  The weather was absolutely perfect, we were all in really good moods all day, there was no complaining, no one got tired, the kids told us thank you several times without having to be reminded, and we enjoyed some really beautiful places.  We drove to Greenville, about an hour and a half away.  And the kids never got restless from being in the car.  Miracle!  First we went to a gorgeous park that I fell in love with right away.  Waterfalls, bridges everywhere, every color of fall tree all over the place, green grass, just gorgeous.  It's downtown, and usually I don't like downtowns, but I loved this one.  It wasn't really big, had real Southern charm, was really clean, the streets were lined with big trees with leaves falling.  I felt like I was in a storybook.  Super cute!  Anyway, we walked around the park for a while until Sidney fell in the water.  We then had to make a detour to buy her a new outfit so we could continue with our day.  Maybe I should keep spare clothes in the car, but she wasn't complaining about the PINK clothes she got to pick out.  That was the only bad thing of the day, but Sidney was a real trooper and we bundled her up in Josh's sweatshirt and hiked back to the car.
The kids thought this statue looked like someone kicking, so they pulled out their karate moves, and Sidney has the most fierce "HI-YAH!" ever!  Karate classes, maybe?

After the park we went to the zoo.  And the zoo didn't disappoint us either.  The animals were all really active, and had us laughing and ooh-ing and ah-ing the entire time.  It's a beautiful little zoo.
Jayden asked me to take pictures of pretty much every single animal there.  I'm glad I did.  I got some other pretty scary ones of this guy.  If looks could kill. 
 
 
Jayden likes to check out books from the library about all kinds of things.  Lately it has been wild cats, and it was fun to see some of them there and have him tell us all about them.
Jayden thought this was awesome. 
They were eating crackers, and every time Sidney put her arms around Jayden he said it tickled, and the looks on their faces are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment