Monday, March 7, 2011

Jaydenisms

I love it when Jayden dishes himself a bowl of ice cream when I've fallen asleep on the couch on a Sunday afternoon.  Sneaky, sneaky.  (But it could have been because he woke me up to ask for a snack and I didn't want to get up so I said, "I don't care, get some crackers or something."  I'm really good at this parenting thing sometimes.)

Josh was out of town over the weekend.  As we were getting ready for bed the first night Jayden asked me, "Well, if Dad's not here, who's going to sleep with you?"  Nobody!  He came back a minute later.  "Mom, I have a great idea.  I know who can sleep with you."  Pretending not to know his reply I asked who.  "I can sleep with you so you don't have to be alone."  How thoughtful.  I couldn't say no to his big, excited grin even though I knew I would regret it in the middle of the night with a knee in my spine and an elbow in my face.  I couldn't help but smile when I went to bed later to find him completely sprawled out smack in the middle of the bed.  He's really thoughtful.  Always coming up with sweet ideas like this and his latest thing this week has been writing lots and lots of letters to me and Josh.  He wrote Josh some letters to ask him how his trip was going and even though he wasn't gone long enough for us to mail them, they were waiting right by the front door for him when he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment