Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fleeting Moments

Whenever I look through pictures after I take them there are always favorites that pop out to me.  But then when I look through them again a few weeks later I realize there are so many more good ones than I thought and I'm so glad we have the ability to take a million gazillion photos.  I love to be able to capture little every day moments.  And although in a thousand years they'll be buried in the earth and turned to dust or floating around in cyberspace or whatever, for now, I know it's important to capture these fleeting moments because I look back and wonder when the heck did Sidney get that tall and I forget how frustrated I was a few minutes before the picture was taken because Sidney was screaming for 20 minutes because she didn't get to wear the sweater she wanted.  And even though I sometimes feel like my life is boring and I feel so small in such a big world, in the eternal scheme of things, these little trips to the park and such are some of the most significant moments in my little corner of the world.  I must be feeling really nostalgic because I registered Jayden for Kindergarten this week and oh my heck, he's so grown up he'll be leaving for a mission in just 14 years, I'm not ready for this! And I really miss my out of town husband.  And I'm listening to sappy country music.  And every time I look at pictures from just a month ago I can't believe that the kids can change even just a little in such a short time.  And so on.....
 
 The look on her face cracks me up.
 At Jayden's favorite park, because it's green.
At Sidney's favorite park, because it's pink.  This girl probably bleeds pink.
Jayden says he doesn't like the pink park.  I don't believe him.
 Watching a rainstorm from the front door. Really, how is her hair a mile long?

1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures! I love the one of her watching the rain storm!

    ReplyDelete