Monday, January 10, 2011

Cardinal

I looked out my window and saw the prettiest thing today.  In my neighbor's tree sat this single red cardinal on the edge of a branch.  I ran to grab my camera before he flew away.  This isn't a great picture because I took it through my window, but seeing a gorgeous red bird through falling snow made me think of a Christmas card.  I wanted to go outside to take the picture, but I knew he would fly away before I had a chance to bundle up.  It's the little things.

3 comments:

  1. That picture is perfect! Such a pretty winter scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much snow you guys got. That's a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Our first winter in Charlotte, our apartment backed up to some woods, and I was amazed at the cardinals I saw. Growing up in the desert, a bird like that was just amazing to me. Now we have no trees around our house and I really miss seeing them.

    ReplyDelete