Thursday, October 1, 2015

Move

We moved into an apartment a couple of weeks ago. After looking at several houses, putting an offer on one and having it rejected, trying a couple other options, and having nothing work out, we finally had to admit to ourselves we should rent for a while before rushing into a big purchase. It's not at all what we were planning on or what we want, but it was the only thing that felt right. We don't know what the future holds, and I'll admit I'm terrified we'll end up moving away next year. That's not at all what we want, but we're insane enough to if we feel it's right. We're hoping the right house will come along and trusting that even though we can't see the bigger picture, someone else can, and that things will work out somehow. It's hard losing so much space, but we're unpacking as little as possible. I'm definitely past the point of insanity. We are happy though, that our house finally sold. It took four months, which might not seem like long, but we knew six families in our ward in Meridian whose homes sold in 3 weeks or less, and our realtor was sure ours would move quickly. So it was a pretty long 4 months of waiting. It took dropping the price 4 times, but you know what? It's done now, the timing felt really off, and I'm just hanging onto the hope that it was for our good, and this apartment thing is no fun, but we'll be fine. Things always have a way of working out. I have to repeat that to myself every day, otherwise I know I'll drive myself crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment