The kids and I hit the road for a nice, long 9 hour drive. They were actually really good the whole time. The hardest part were pit stops, but we made it through with noise cancelling headphones, chocolate, and Dr. Pepper for me, and IPads, movies, and candy for the kids.
There are definitely parts of the drive that drag on, but the scenery in some parts is beautiful. These are my attempts at pictures with my phone while driving.
Tanner had no time adjusting to being an Oregon boy. Wet to his knees within an hour of arrival.
Making himself at home.
Sidney loves to sing along with Grandma and her guitar.
We went for a walk along the river front and the flowers were in bloom.
The polar bear is always a hit.
Covered bridge walk.
Each spring there is a tulip festival in Woodburn. I am never there in the spring, so I was so excited to be able to go. It was over an hour drive, so I wanted to make it worth it. I really wanted to get some nice pictures, because I may never be back again. I just don't know. There are 40 acres of tulips! It was incredible! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I don't know what I was thinking. With a 2 year old, strolling through the flowers is just a dream. It had rained the day before, and within 10 seconds of getting out of the car he was flat in the mud. After taking a few pictures with my DSLR and having to keep putting it back in my bag every 5 seconds to chase after him, I decided it wasn't worth it, so I put the camera back in the car. Sigh. Now I follow the farm on Instagram and get my flower fix from there. Tanner also started picking flowers and eating them. We did have fun, though. It was a gorgeous and warm day, and I'm so happy to have been able to see something so incredible.
There was this adorable pink tractor, but with a long line of people behind us, and trying to prevent Tanner from climbing it and hurting himself, I couldn't quite get the picture I wanted. We brought cousins with us.
There was a u-pick section, here are the kids with their bouquets. Off in the distance to the left you can see Mt. Hood.
Playtime at Grandma's with cousins.
Fun on the cousin's farm.
On the drive home we stopped at Multnomah Falls.
Tanner is a blur because he is ALWAYS running! He's so fast!
And then the drive home. Oh man, how did we survive? After a week at Grandma's non-baby proof house, where Tanner escaped from the pack-n-play, even after we barricaded him in with random things we found around the house, our drive took over 10 hours. It should be 8 hours, but with stopping it usually takes 9. For some reason our stops took forever. Then I got him a chocolate milkshake, thinking it would be ok because it had a lid. Well, the lid had a big hole in it to make room for whipped cream. I looked back to find himself rubbing it all over his entire body, including his bare feet! His hair was crustified the rest of the day. Then he got hold of a ding dong and smooshed it in his hands. He was disgusting! When we got home, I put him in the tub where he pooped. So I ran him to the other tub and before I knew it he had pooped again and was holding it in both hands, trying to give it to me! Josh wasn't home when we got home, and I was exhausted trying to clean up and get the kids to bed. I'm laughing now. I wasn't laughing then.
He kept trying to touch Sidney, and she was not happy about that. Fun trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment