I have a lot to catch up on. I didn't have a computer to upload pictures to most of the summer, and then once it was set up it wouldn't read my photo card. So now that that's taken care of, here's a rundown of our summer.
I think I wrote before about our last night in South Carolina. The kids caught fireflies in our backyard until really, really late. It was so magical, that was my favorite night of our entire summer. Sidney was running around like this, she was like a little fairy, couldn't have fit the evening any better.
Fireflies in mason jars-you can't get more southern than that.
The next day we drove straight through to Houston. It took us about 19 hours. We left at night. Josh drove all night while I slept then I took over the next day while he slept. Jayden's goal was to stay up all night. We didn't think he'd be able to, but at 4:00 a.m., Josh had to force him to turn off the IPad and go to sleep. The kids actually did really great. When we left, I surprised myself and didn't cry. I must have gotten it all out beforehand. This move has been one of the hardest. I left a piece of my heart behind. I have left pieces of my heart all over the country, but a really big chunk of it is there.
A week after we got here, Josh's company had a night at the Sugar Land Skeeters baseball game. They're a minor league team. Despite the 105 degrees, we headed out, where we only lasted two innings. We watched about a minute of the game because there was a splash pad and a buffet and a really cool bathroom stall, so who has time for a game? The kid's faces were bright red about 10 minutes after arriving just from sitting there. And when I say it was 105, the heat index was definitely higher, like 109.
I'm a little embarrassed to be posting pictures of a toilet, and I hope I never do again, but how fun is this stall?
We camped out for a month and a half in Josh's bachelor pad. It wasn't too bad. We swam a lot.
We celebrated Josh's birthday and our anniversary in July. Not much to talk about there. Jayden likes to give gag gifts, so he gave Josh some nail polish. He couldn't stop laughing. For our anniversary, Josh had to go back to Charlotte to deal with the movers. So while I sat in his bachelor pad cooking a frozen burrito with the kids, he went through a drive-thru and ate alone. The sad thing is, this is pretty typical. The other sad thing is, I wasn't that sad about it. We have been apart before on anniversaries. It's life. We know we love each other, and we have our whole lives to show each other, and that's all that matters.
We drove down to the beach one Saturday. We were spoiled in South Carolina with really nice beaches. Texas beaches are Texas beaches. But we're only about an hour away, and the kids didn't know the difference. We had a lot of fun.
I have more, and I'll get to it later.





No comments:
Post a Comment