Sunday, May 29, 2011

Coloring Week

In an effort to keep my kids busy this summer I stole my sister's idea.  Every week we are going to have a theme and base our week's activities around it.  This week we had coloring week.  That was Jayden's idea, which is funny because he's not that into coloring.  But it turned out to be more fun than I expected.  Other things we did that aren't shown below are: we went to the library and checked out books about crayons and coloring.  Also some music books.  We intended to also have a music theme but stayed so busy with the other things we didn't get around to it.  I taped a huge piece of paper on the play room wall and let the kids color all over it.  Sidney thought that was really awesome.  (Her newest word is awesome.)

They did water coloring.
Fingerpainting.
 We made new star shaped crayons out of the old broken ones.
 We went on a nature walk and filled up buckets with leaves, twigs, rocks, and bark dust.  Then we put them under paper and colored over them to see the different textures.  We also looked for textures around the yard and colored over those.  The kids loved this.
Our treat of the week was colorful layered jell-o.  We each picked a color and made layers out of it.  This picture doesn't show it, but it was really colorful, like crayons.

2 comments:

  1. COOL, keep us updated on your weekly themes, some of us are soooo uncreative and might just have to steal your ideas...love the new ctayons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your weekly themes. I can't let me kids see this blog or they are going to want to switch families! What a good mom you are Shyann - I can tell you love your job and make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete