A peek into some of our Christmas celebrations so far........
Cuddling up after decorating the tree to enjoy the soft white glow of the lights.
Reading Christmas books together by the fire. Another day Jayden had the idea to sit by the fire and tell stinky and scary stories.
Jayden had his preschool Christmas program. They sang songs and I have never seen Jayden get so into it before. At church every Sunday he usually just sits there, occasionally singing the fun songs. But here he knew every single word and was loving every minute of it. Of course, the noisemakers and jingle bells may have had something to do with it. His favorite song was "Happy Birthday Jesus." It was followed by a potluck. Most of my pictures turned out pretty bad because I didn't have a very good seat, but Josh and I thoroughly enjoyed the program.
For my birthday Josh got tickets for White Christmas, the musical, per my request. I was very much looking forward to it because it's my favorite Christmas movie, but we were kind of disappointed in it. If I didn't know the movie so well, I'm sure I would have liked it more, but they changed quite a few things. It's like when you read a really good book and then watch the movie and it drives you crazy because it's so different and it's just not as good. It was still fun to go see and dress up a little and get out for a date. I didn't get any pictures of us though because the babysitter showed up early and Josh wasn't even ready.

The rest of this doesn't have anything to do with Christmas, but I thought I would throw them in here. Sidney was leaning on the door with her legs crossed and it was so cute, but by the time I got the camera she wouldn't cross her legs the right way. Still cute though.
This is the kid's favorite things to do with Josh.
I was walking upstairs and heard the kids being pretty quiet and found Jayden reading to Sidney. He gets rewarded for every 25th book he reads. He usually reads about 1 to 4 books to me each day, or more when he's really close to that 25, but the other day he read 9 books to Sidney without me asking him to do it and was pretty proud of himself.
I love all of the latest posts. I'm sorry I don't comment on all of them, but I love keeping up with the happenings of your family. Sending you a big hug! :)
ReplyDelete